Monday, September 22, 2008

this weekend's revelations

I write to you from Campus MovieFest @ Whittier College - sitting in the sunshine reminicing in a sense of how my Pitzer College days once were as I had gone down memory lane in my cranium last week when I was here as well. I sit here watching the folks walk across campus, some to go to class, some to go bullshit in the dining hall, some to just sit in the sun and attempt to study..lmao, but end up talking about some drama or hot guy in class....

Well this weekend certainly somewhat stayed with the whole college theme and 'hot guy' them..lmao..as of Friday I hadn't completely accomplished the life hurdle of getting over this temporary emo-ness including at the Sparks game. ha, case in point. But the mystery is..lmao, if you don't know who I'm talking about..it's probably better that way to save myself the girly moments. Although for those that HAVE witnessed my emo-ness in real life lol as I battle the inner feelings to neglect from turning them into external emo-ness...I think myself and the amigos had a break through. You see, apparently Capricorns are a DIFFERENT kind of breed altogether which had made my world way more complex than my little Sagittarius soul could digest (at the time). Katie had explained to me at the Sparks game Capricorn 101..which possibly gives me a better idea of what kind of hurdle I'm dealing with along with what kind of amo is needed. lmao.

Anyhoot, after getting a better understanding, my weekend surprisingly was looking up..lol after i had caught up on a majority of my lost sleep. And let me just say.. if there's is a WILL there truly is a WAY. no cliche BS. that's real talk. I need dinero. lol so I have TWO jobs. Mind you KNBC is certainly my first and foremost priority..there was what I like to call a 'suicide mission' I did on Tues. that many were weary of ..lol going from working my knbc news shift 10am - 6pm then the following day.. my knbc shift: 2am - 10am, napage time: 10:15am - 11:00am, campus moviefest 11:45am - 4pm, napage time: 5pm - 8pm, softball game: 8:30pm - 10:30pm, napage time: 11pm - 1am...lol then going back to the knbc shift.. 2am - 10am..lmao.. it was insane, but sometimes you need to push yourself to stay on top of your game.

..So going back to my fantastic weekend full of friendship and family. It was one of those incredibly necessary weekends as well as productive. Although I didn't get to work on my USC grad school essay, Saturday I slept on and off then caught up with some of my fellow Pitzer alumnus ...and went down memory lane of the funny Pitzer moments we shared (FLEXdollars son! lmao)..later found out about Travis Barker & DJ AM. [Something about it stuck with me, if it was any other celeb..probably wouldn't have cared THAT much]. Then Sunday I helped out a friend in a shitty circumstance they were in..then felt way more productive and got my car WASHED..YES! lmao i know. for those that may not have seen how much of a ragga muffin my car was looking like..RAGGA NO MORE - lol still has water spots (that I need to get detailed this weekend)..but it looks decent when you walk by it..lmao with the glossy lookin tires. reminds me of when I actually cared about my car and TOOK care of it. I need to get back to that place. So later that day I hung out with the fam bam in camarillo..caught up with my mom and broham. had some dinner. did the dishes without being asked (lmao yeah i think my mom was PRETTY surprised I just picked up the dishes and started washing them).then we saw that random ass movie with brad pitt called burn after reading..or something like that. Before I got back on the road to go into the city.. I had to do something else..something that would be fairly symbolic of this NEW that I'm going through and what I've become and hope to evolve to..so I went to the gas station and cleaned all the clutter of shit that was in my door panels..behind my car seats..there is NO more loose paper shit roaming around in my car. It may not seem like a big idea to you..but it's a fairly big DEAL to me, considering I had found stuff dated from 2005 to 2006..LMAO... yeah pretty bad. but i found some pretty sweet silver rings I had purchased in 2006 from the Sterling Silver place @ the glendale galleria that I'm actually sporting right now.




So my JAMtastic point for the day is that if you want to change - do it..it's okay if it's not fine tuned yet..lmao lord knows i'm still trying to master how to PROPERLY put make-up on my face. lmao but I suppose the concealer with lipstick will suffice for now... tomorrow is never promised. and truly make every moment count like it's your last. So again, I want to thank my family/friends/supporters/knbc crew...you all make me very happy and blessed to be here.

have a fantastic day everyone! :0)

No comments: