Monday, September 29, 2008

Life's Temptations

So Today was one of those off beat - random kind of days. Although it started somewhat normal. Waking up to go to a college campus for Campus MovieFest..today's victim, USC. It wasn't bad at all, passing out flyers, talking to students getting them amped up for tomorrow's launch day. It went pretty well considering these folks get bombarded on a daily from outside organizations as well as on campus organizations. lol, if I were them, I'd totally curse people out that approached me while rushing to class. But which each flyer I passed out, each student I quickly spoke to..there WAS a method to the madness. Even though promoting guerilla style is somewhat shameless, I tried to at least respect their personal space and through that, I think I got some pretty good results. The people speed walking, cruising on a bike/skateboard/razor (yeah they still use those for some reason), or walking on the farther side of the pathway CLEARLY did NOT want to be bothered. lol everyone else was fair play and I think they didn't mind being approached for the most part. So my day was looking fairly good, then I went home..took a nap..and then that's when my unnecessary side should have probably stayed asleep.

I'm saying, when I woke up a bit early to watch I Want to Work For Diddy to find some interesting news from my father, it tapped into a side I wasn't ready to deal with being half-awake and half-asleep. It got me thinking about how I'm going to resolve such hurdles and the temptations I continue to face almost on a daily. There's a couple of huge temptations I face every blue moon. lol and tonight for some reason had to be that blue moon. It got me thinking about life's temptations I struggle with and this random one that just for some reason won't go to rest. If I had given into what we'll call right now, "Random A" I could probably be a little more at ease in life. haha, if that's not a big enough hint already. The point is, I struggle just like everyone else it's a matter of how strong you are as a person if you can withstand it or not. So far, I'm winning this battle.





We all have our "shiet" to deal with, just understand God will never give you anything you can't handle. Whether I like dealing with it at that moment in time, feeling weak or strong, when I get out of it, I'll be a lot stronger (including more gratfeul and appreciative). So while I hated feeling how I did earlier tonight, I'm stronger and I'm blessed. I can't complain at all, but enjoy life, my family, my real friends, and do it with a smile. A smile that shares the pain and strength of my being. Understand, when I smile and laugh, it's not to hide the pain, it's to share my strength, my happiness, and love (disfunctional or not..lol), my inspirations, my experiences with whomever. lol I'm certainly not you're average shmoe, my name is Jameela and welcome to my JAMtastic world. lol and yes more than likely I'm going to use AK {music} to support the vibe of my blogs...


No comments: