Friday, July 25, 2008

sankofa applies on all levels.

After going to the Espy awards taping..I came to a realization that I had put on the backburner for quite some time. But When I saw my other hero, Robin Roberts... who had set the BAR of amazingness that I would NEED to surpass to be taken seriously..she reminded me of what all my heros (parental units, alicia keys, pat tobin, and robin roberts)..AAALL have in common. they followed their PASSION.

As Robin Roberts stood there alongside Stuart Scott ... it struck me after the Black Olympic runners were saluted...although I love many passions..and what I'd like to think are many talents...I love the thing that pretty much SAVED my life........SPORTS


lol, no..i'm not saying that because they came up with the song..even though it may it more clear for my very scatter cranium..


So here's some footage of what I pretty much trained my whole life for..I'm incredibly blessed to even have done this kinda stuff thus far and I'm aware of that..lol so maybe that's much more reason to go back to my roots and pull a sankofa..



..I don't think people understand how HUGE sports has been in MY life. Lets just say..lol many times my broham and I would FIGHT over the sports section in the morning for who would READ the SPORTS SECTION while eating breakfast.
sports kept me out of trouble - away from the bullshit - away from jail and drugs - away from prego city - away from gangs and crews.
...lol, i really can go on and on..especially since this is a blog. but just know i owe a lot to sports and its world.

I'm not declaring anything yet, but I will get my feet wet and reacquaint myself with my former lover. lol :-P

No comments: